The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Mongolia presents its compliments to all Diplomatic Missions and representative Offices of International organizations in Ulaanbaatar, and inform that in response to the wide and rapid spread of COVID-19 globally, the State Emergency Commission of Mongolia has decided on March 22 2020 to impose the following restriction measures.
1. To suspend all scheduled passenger flight from/to Moscow, Berlin, Nur Sultan and Istanbul from 12:00 p.m. on 11 March, 2020 through 30 April 2020 and,
2. To suspend the passenger transportation through auto border checkpoints of Mongolia and Russia from 8:00 p.m. on 11 March 2020 to 30 April 2020, effective for Mongolian nationals travelling to the Russian Federation and foreign nationals and stateless persons travelling from the Russian Federation to Mongolia, and
3. The Ministry may facilitate the cross-border movement for Russian nationals wishing to return to the Russian Federation and third country nationals wishing to return to their home countries via Russian Federation through auto border checkpoints of Mongolia and Russia during the restriction period 11 March 2020 to 30 April 2020, and
4. To suspend all in-country passenger movement, scheduled domestic flights, domestic passenger rail from 7:00 a.m. on 10 March to 7:00 a.m. on 16 March 2020.
5. Accredited staff and their direct family members of diplomatic missions and offices of international organizations in Mongolia, and foreign nationals who are direct family members of Mongolian nationals is to be quarantined for 14 days upon arrival.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Mongolia avails itself of this opportunity to renew to all Diplomatic Missions and Representative Offices of International Organizations in Ulaanbaatar the assurance of its highest consideration.
Ulaanbaatar, 22 March 2020
ALL DIPLOMATIC MISSIONS AND REPRESENTATIVE OFFICES OF INTERNATIONAL ORGANIZATIONS, Ulaanbaatar